As per decision of the meeting of the National Judicial (Policy Making) Committee (NJPMC), held on November, 03, 2012, the National Judicial Policy Implementation Cell was established by the Hoǹable Peshawar High Court, Peshawar to monitor the disposal of oldest and old cases. The cell is currently working under the supervision of Mr. Ikhtiar Khan, District and Sessions Judge. The cell is performing the following functions:
- To monitor the disposal trend from record transmitted by the District Courts.
- To prepare data for NJPMC meetings.
- To follow and implement the decisions of NJPMC.
- To supervise Overseas Pakistanis Cell for speedy disposal of cases.
- Receive Jail reports and suggest action plan.
- Receive Committee reports and follow up its recommendations.
- Receive Quarterly Inspection Reports and suggest action.
After the establishment of the Cell, the District Judiciary of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has clear the backlog of the oldest cases (filed upto 31-12-2008) in record time. After successfully accomplishing the target of disposal of oldest cases, the NPJ Cell is monitoring the disposal of old cases (filed upto 31-12-2011).